Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Girl's Night In

7:01pm
What happened today?
Let's see -
Anthony built a wall. He's building a writing shack in Mount Washington, on his sister's property.
"Every man," he told me, "Every man in his life time should build a home with his own two hands."
His sister, she lives in one of those houses that is built on a hill on stilts and that's where Anthony has decided to build his shack. It's complicated because of the slope, but he's figuring it out. Until today, it was just the deck. Now, according to him, there is the wall.
"I need your help," he told me when he called earlier to tell me that the wall had been built. "It's not standing yet, that's where you come in. I need you to hold the wall in place while I secure it."
His deadline has been pushed to Christmas. Originally, it was the end of the summer.
"But the problem," he told me, "Is I need to get it done before the cold sets in."
My sister told me that he must have found the only girl in Los Angeles as unmaterialistic as me.

What else?
Well, today at work I actually worked. That is unusually for me. Normally I wander around. Go to Ghetto Von's, Walgreen’s, check my blood pressure at Rite Aid, visit my sister. It's weird, the working thing, it wasn't so bad.

What are the plans for this evening?
It's girl's night in. My sister, Steph and me, we'll probably ask the pink ball a few questions . . . like, "Does so and so love me?" Or, "Will I lose five pounds by August?"
Other than that, I'm not sure. We may go out, even though that's not really girl's night in. My sister, she wants to go to the bookstore, Steph, she probably doesn't want to go to the bookstore since she doesn't read (that's what she says) and me, I want to go to The Grove. That guy, the cute, blonde gay guy from 'Dancing with the Stars,' he's performing there tonight. I'm sure my sister and Steph, they'll be up for that.

7:25pm
Anthony just called.
"I got a gig," he said. "It's at the Rose Bowl."
"That's great," I said.
"It's in August," he said.
August. Okay. It's his first gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment